|Member Since:||June, 2013|
|Preferred Subjects:||Algebra, Calculus, Geometry, Pre-Calculus, Statistics, Trigonometry, Math, Chemistry, Physics, Science, English, ACT, SAT, Philosophy, Study Skills, Writing, Computer Skills|
|Education:||MA in History of Philosophy, Marquette University, 2012, Summa cum Laude
BA in Mathematics and Philosophy, Taylor University, 2005, Summa cum Laude
|Experience:||I enjoy tutoring because it gives me a chance to meet each student on an individualized level. This allows me to meet them where they are and give them the tools to succeed.|
See a fuller resume here: http://www.linkedin.com/pub/michael-anderson/36/8b3/347/
- 7 years of tutoring experience, with colleges, companies, and freelance, for students ranging from middle-schoolers to adults, and in subjects ranging from Math and Science to English and ACT/SAT prep
- High school math teacher during the school year
- Peace Corps service as an education volunteer
- Volunteer work at the Literacy Services of Wisconsin, with adult ESL learners
- Background teaching college courses, including at Marquette
I write a math blog here: http://tutoring.dutempstrouve.com/.
Note on availability: contact me for current times available. Distances and times are measured by biking and bus routes.
|Hobbies:||Music (mandolin in particular), martial arts, swing dancing, computer programming and web development, language learning|